Tuesday, August 08, 2006

School is Out (for two more weeks)


You are probably confused 'cause school just started for most of the districts in our area (DFW). However, my husband is in Bible College at Criswell and it seems to me that college is never out, he has Fall Semester, J-Term, Spring semester, Summer I, Summer II and Summer III. It just so happens that he does not have another class until August 21st. He was off last week at well, three weeks in a row without class, reading, papers to write, stuff to memorize...etc. I know Mark loves school, and I know that he is committed, determined and called to his education. I fully support him in this. Mark also works full time (up to 60 hours a week) at a job that is very mentally challenging, volunteers at church, volunteers with parachurch activities and is a devoted husband and friend. When you add all this up he is constantly on the go. Most weekend he spends any time at home in his office doing school work and studying.

It has been really refreshing for him to have this break. I have loved it too! We have been able to hang out with our friends, watch movies, read (for pleasure), go to bed early, sleep late, just hang out. Next Tuesday we are taking the day off and going to Six Flags. We are gonna ride all the thrill rides and just act like kids (we don't have any so we are still allowed to act like a kid). I am just so blessed that Mark and I will get to spend some time together where the sole purpose is to have fun and act silly. Sometimes I think we take life too seriously. Don't get me wrong, serious is good, maturity is a wonderful thing, but every now and then you need to act like a kid.

So this is my public thank you to God for giving us a few weeks with limited outside commitment so that we can refocus on each other and have some down time mentally and physically.

No comments: