Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Not Happening...


My husband and I went to see the highly anticipated new film by M. Night Shyamalan : The Happening. Let me begin with "I cannot remember a time when I was as disappointed in a film as this.". When the credits rolled we looked at each other and said " No...that cannot be the end of the movie. Your kidding, right?".

How does someone make a brilliant film like "The Village" and create this as well? If you have not seen it do not waste your time or money. The sad thing is that Mark Walhberg did a fine job and the cinematography was great. The problem was the story line. There were so many things they emphasised that were never followed up on, lots of interesting ideas, thoughts and characters left dangling. The consistency was poor, the explanation for the occurrence was pitiful. It was not scary in any sense of the word. To sum up the feeling you had when you left the theatre, in one word, longing. So much more was expected.

Let me know if you agree or have a different take on it.

1 comment:

Mark said...

funny, too, b/c we are pretty selective, and don't go out for movies too often.

Hopefully, Get Smart will be good. I loved the TV show, it was very quirky.