Sunday, May 25, 2008

Into the Wild


I finally talked my husband into watching this movie with me Friday night. First let me say that the cinematography is amazing. It does not hurt that it was filmed on location in places like Oregon, Washington, California and Alaska. But the most surprising thing about this film was the biblical themes on love, forgiveness and community.


It is a pretty heavy film. I would not suggest watching it unless you are in the mood for that. It really brings to light just how fragile life really is and how awesome God's creation is and how God has designed us for relationship.


Check it out if you get the chance and leave me a comment with your thoughts.



A couple of my favorite quotes from the movie...


"When you forgive, you love. And when you love, God's light shines upon you."




"Happiness only real when shared."

4 comments:

Mark said...

better than I thought it would be and still reflecting days later.

thanks sweety!

Lolly said...

Hey,

Thanks for the comment on my blog. You did your detective skills and found it. It was great to meet you and Mark and eat lots of great food. I look forward to doing it again. Since you work so close we need to plan on a quick lunch. I am really looking forward to going to The French Room. We need to pick a date soon!

K.C. said...

Have been undecided on whether or not to see this one, so I am glad that I stopped by here. I think, now, I will do so. Love the quotes! KC

T said...

K.C.,

I think you will be pleasantly suprised. Great movie to contemplate, discuss, etc. Bought the music today that Eddie Vedder did for the movie.