Monday, October 15, 2007

New Books in the Mail

I have ordered some new books and cannot wait for them to arrive. I love to cook and recently make 22 pumpkin creme' brulees for a friends baby shower. I need a new challenge and have been inspired by this blog to try and make these. I have ordered Chocolate Desserts by Pierre Herme It has the coveted Macaron recipe in it. If I can't make it to Paris I might as well bring Paris to me.

I have heard it can take up to 8 batches to perfect. If I can get it right maybe I will box them up real pretty and give them as Christmas gifts. I will post some pictures here when I dive in.

3 comments:

Merisi said...

I bought the Pierre Herme Chocolate cookbook, still in its plastic wrap and then returned it, after I had looked through it. Somehow it didn't "talk" to me.
Now, about those creme brulees, the sound of it makes me drool. I have an old Julia Child recipe for a pumpkin souffle', which I made for my first Thanksgiving dinner. I love everything pumpkin.
Good luck with the macarons. You need dry weather to make them, humidity in the air will kill them, my mother tells me.

Ruth said...

Yes, pumpkin creme brulees, ooo la la. Share the recipe?

Thanks for visiting Synchronizing, and yes, I hope you'll enjoy my Paris blog. I need to go back so I can post about it some more. Haven't been since May last year.

Catharina said...

I finally replied to your question about which camera I have (Pentax Optio M30), sorry for taking so long! I love to bake and you are making me want to go home (sitting in the university's computer lab right now) and bake a batch of cookies! I made pralines for a few people for Christmas last year. Quite a bit of work, but lots of fun. Enjoy your books!